When summertime arrives, are you going to end up wishing you had spent more time and energy getting in the kind of shape that you’re proud of? The kind of shape where the thought of a day at the beach with your buddies or your neighbor’s pool party doesn’t immediately freak you out.
You’re not going to let that happen again…right?!
Consider this your official notice. There are only 77-days to go!
That’s plenty enough time for you to get in top shape, in a healthy way, if you get started now.
And I want to be your coach. I want to help you get back the added confidence that comes from your body reflecting a lean, athletic physique. You know, the one currently hidden underneath your winter coat?
To start, here are my 3 immediate challenges for you:
1. Get a handle on your baseline (where you are today) with the following assessments:
- Body Composition test
- Body Weight
- Girth Measurement (the circumference of waist, hips, thighs, etc.)
- Photograph (front, back, sides)
Don’t procrastinate. Just schedule to have these tested by a health professional ASAP. Most gyms are set up to do this for you. Or you can search for a local dexa-scan center, which is what I do.
*NOTE: Before you leave this appointment, schedule a reassessment for 6 weeks out to measure your progress.
2. Set measurable goals from your baseline data. Lowering your body fat percentage and circumference around your waist are sensible markers.
3. Dial in your nutrition with the right:
- High quality foods
- Portion sizes to meet your protein, carbohydrate, and fat requirements.
- Meal Frequency
Taking these simple steps will put you in the right direction towards your aesthetic goal.
Even though we label ourselves as athletes and not bodybuilders, a certain degree of ego comes into play for all of us. It’s part of our human nature to have some ego around it. Big or small.
So make it easier on yourself — acknowledge and embrace this fact. And then take action.
To learn more about proper nutrition, I offer a FREE Sports Nutrition Guide with my 30-Day Get Lean Challenge. It’s packed full of value to guide you to make the most of your time and effort.
Get yours here.