Envisioning your Health & Fitness

In General by Adam Friedman

What is your vision for health and fitness? Is it sharp and in focus? Do you have one at all? It is this single vision that will empower you to achieve it and make an incredible difference in your life. Keep reading and I’ll show you how.

My own vision for my health and fitness is crystal clear in my mind.  I’ve discovered that it is the key to my success, and has become the center of my passion.  The path to the results I want is seen in vivid images.  The feelings that I’ve attached to having excellent health and fitness fill me with peace, joy, kinetic energy, and self-love.  The possibilities in my life are limitless as a result of great health & fitness.  You can have these same possibilities. The gratification I receive as a result of providing empowering leadership, and inspiring others to have the same, just by example, is immense.

If what is in front of me does not serve my vision, then I get to look at the consequences of an action or inaction, and seek to choose wisely.  That doesn’t mean that everything that I do is serving my vision of health and fitness, because that would not be realistic. Nor would it allow me to be flexible with others or myself.  I do my best to be present and connected to what is important to me, and choose the most beneficial actions.  That usually means that 95% of the time, I’m on target.  The other 5% is not left to go way off the mark, but just enough so that I won’t let it sabotage the vision.

Actions are only half the ingredients in the making of your vision.  The self-serving actions you take are very much a result of of being attached to your vision.  The non-serving actions you take, which can lead to self-sabotage, are usually led by ways that are the opposite.  It’s a choice we all have from moment to moment, and can change at the blink of an eye if we let it.  Staying consistent, committed, disciplined, and focused has everything to do with being present to your vision.  Bang!

If we don’t have a vision of what we want for health & fitness, it’s unlikely that we will be fulfilled with whatever regimen we are on.  I find it fascinating the number of people who come to me to acknowledge that they want to get in better shape, and when I ask them what that looks like, usually there is not a real clear picture in their mind. Are you one of them?

To be in “better shape” is a concept that is often generic, vague, and subjective.  It carries virtually no weight when it comes to staying focused.  A person can say, I want to look better, be more tone, lose the body fat around the mid-section, and hips, but that still doesn’t add up to a complete vision that can be manifested.  The conceptualization must include specifics that can be articulated, and have clear and distinct indicators to gauge true actualization.  That is when your thoughts manifest into reality, and fulfillment is possible.

I invite you to create a great vision for your health and fitness that excites you because of all the benefits, both tangible, and intangible.  In the process, are you going to choose to play a big game, or play small?  Are you going to shoot for excellence, or settle for mediocrity?  Are you going to push the envelope, or set limits for yourself?  Why would you choose the latter in any of those questions?  Why wouldn’t you choose to be in your greatness?

One of my favorite quotes by Marianne Williamson may support you in making your decision.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?  You are a child of God.  Your playing small does not serve the world.  There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.  We are all meant to shine, as children do.  We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.  It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”