Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Bake: 20
Number of Servings: 12
Celebrity Chef, Marcel Cocit, put together a delicious guilt-free muffin recipe. You’re gonna love them!
- 1 ¾ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds
- ½ cup diced pitted dates, about 7 dates (much easier to dice when they’re cold)
- 4 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 Tablespoons whole unsweetened yogurt
- 1/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup, honey, or coconut nectar syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup whey protein pops plus ¼ cup for sprinkling on top of muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda, salt and 2 Tablespoons chia seeds. Add dates and break up pieces so they don’t stick together.
3. In a blender, combine coconut oil, yogurt, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Pour wet mixture into bowl with dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Fold in mashed bananas and whey protein pops into the mixture.
6. Divide the batter into the prepared pan (Using an ice cream scoop makes this job much easier).
7. Sprinkle each muffin with some whey protein pops.
8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Learn more great recipes from Chef Marcel Cocit
SUBSCRIBE to his channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/
LoveatFirstBiteMC Follow him: instagram.com/marcelcocit twitter.com/marcelcocit facebook.com/chefmarcelcocit