Turkey, Beef, or Ground Pork
- 3lbs of lean ground beef, turkey or turkey breast or ground pork
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of oregano
- 1 tbsp of basil
- 3 egg whites
- 2 25oz jars of Trader Joe’s organic marina sauce (it has a low sugar content)
- 1 cup oatmeal (optional)
- Olive oil
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Roll into balls (you can add oatmeal as a binder or leave out all together. I make it both ways)
- In large fry pan heat up olive oil. Just enough to coat bottom of pan.
- Lightly brown balls.
- In crockpot pour in one jar of marina sauce. Add cooked meatballs. Pour other jar of marina sauce on top of meatballs. Cook in crockpot on low for 4 hours.
Recipe by Theresa Sauter